Test and Validation Engineer
About the role
Working as part of the Product Development team, you will apply Test & Validation engineering skills to support the design and development of commercial products covering applications across UAVs, MHE, portable and stationary power, automotive and aviation.
You will be responsible for conducting assigned Test & Validation work packages and supporting a product development programme.
This role includes:
- Recording and following defined test methods and work instructions to suit product requirements, functionality and safety of the validation plan
- Operating and maintaining assigned test equipment
- Performing product validation activities (including endurance, environmental, robustness and certification testing) to meet project milestones
- Generating, analysing and reporting test results in technical reports, using statistical tools to define the predicted reliability and confidence of the product
- Participating in failure root cause analysis and product quality investigations
You will hold a BEng, BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, and will normally have 2 years’ relevant experience of laboratory or industrial experience.
You will have proven technical capability and be able to demonstrate experience of:
- Product verification & validation testing, test reporting and data analysis
- Experience in experimental methods in a technical, scientific environment
- Delivering work packages to technical & commercial requirements on time
- Experience working within quality systems and to safe working practices
- Troubleshooting faults to test methodology and product performance
- Problem solving and experimental methods (for example 8D, 6 Sigma, DMAIC, etc) in a product development environment
Knowledge of key Validation principles such as reliability growth, accelerated life testing and statistical analysis is also extremely beneficial.
A key skill is the ability to predict and understand the stresses and environments that a product will be subjected to in real world usage, and design tests to simulate these conditions in controlled laboratory environment.
It is key to us that you have a commercial mindset and the ability to work with a flexible and solutions focused approach, in an agile and fast paced environment. You must also be able to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team alongside both technical and non-technical colleagues. As such, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are vital.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company at the forefront of technology. If you are interested in applying, please send a copy of your CV to Rob Atkins at Bluefin Recruitment for immediate consideration.