Graduate Hardware Engineer
£24 – £28K
Bluefin are working with a client in Loughborough who are an award-winning, world-leading developer of embedded signal processing and RF modules, and LTE PHY/stack software, for 4G and 5G mobile network and related applications. They are currently looking for a graduate Hardware engineer to join the team.
- Hardware team member; working as part of a team to design hardware for company projects.
- Contribute to alternatives and feasibility studies.
- Formulate test plans and perform hardware verification testing.
- Provide hardware assistance to the software team during their development process.
- Follow company core processes.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role, as may reasonably be requested by the line manager.
The ideal candidate will possess a good first degree (1st / 2.1) and will have some previous work experience in the engineering sector. A sound knowledge of digital and analogue principles is required for the role.
Key experience and knowledge required for the role:
- An interest in Telecommunications
- An interest in RF
- Understanding of certain laws: Shannon’s, Nyquist’s, etc
- Knowledge of RLC circuit characteristics
- Knowledge of Tx line theory
- Understanding of test tools – oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analysers
- Awareness of interfaces, such as LAN, RS422, RS232, CAN etc
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Use of standard packages, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Problem solving ability
- Self-reliant to research around subject as required
- Be able to work in a team
- Exposure to schematic capture and circuit board design
- Knowledge of testing methodology – functional, electromagnetic, environmental etc
- Soldering experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a world leading company. If you are interested in applying for the role please send a copy of your CV to Rob Atkins at Bluefin Recruitment for immediate consideration.